Having the best climbing gloves is important for your safety and comfort. Climbing gloves are essential for protecting your hands while rock climbing. They protect your skin from rips, scrapes, and blisters, but also provide a good grip on the rock.
There are several different types of climbing gloves available, each with its own benefits. Here are some of the
best climbing gloves for both beginners and experts
1- Black Diamond Stone Gloves
The Black Diamond Stone Climbing Gloves are designed for maximum durability and comfort. They feature a goat leather shell that’s been reinforced with Kevlar stitching to provide added durability where you need it most.
The palm and knuckle patches are also reinforced with goat leather for extra protection against abrasion. The hook-and-loop closure keeps the gloves securely in place so you can focus on climbing without distraction.
- 100% Goat Leather
- Hook and Loop closure
- Reinforced leather palm and knuckle patches with Kevlar stitching
2. Metolius Full Finger Belay Glove
The Metolius Full Finger Belay Glove is a durable, full gauntlet style glove with a split cowhide palm reinforcement for durability. These gloves are great for belaying, rappelling, and working around the crag.
The Cowhide main body with triple-stitched, split cowhide palm reinforcement combines durability with comfort. The unique construction of these gloves makes them ideal for use in extreme temperatures. All wear areas are reinforced to ensure that these gloves last for many years of climbing.
These gloves feature a biner clip-in loop at the top so you can easily clip your rope into them when you’re climbing. They also have touchscreen-compatible fingertips so you can use your smartphone without taking off your gloves.
- Cowhide main body with triple-stitched, split cowhide palm reinforcement
- Biner clip-in loop
- All wear areas are reinforced
3- Petzl Cordex Lightweight Gloves for Climbers
The CORDEX is a lightweight, all-leather climbing glove that’s perfect for bouldering, sport climbing, and belaying. The ergonomic cut provides a high level of dexterity without being too tight, letting you belay and rappel without restriction. These leather gloves provide the perfect balance between durability and flexibility.
The CORDEX’s double layer of leather protects high-wear areas like the palm and between the thumb and index finger. The abrasion-resistant stretch nylon on the back of the hand keeps your hands cool while protecting them from sharp edges when you’re climbing on large holds or smearing on steep terrain.
The CORDEX features a built-in carabiner hole so you can attach your gloves to your harness for easy access during multi-pitch climbs or long days at the crag!
- Stretch nylon on the back of the hand for breathability
- Double layer leather palm for durability
- Ergonomic cut for great fit and comfort
- Reinforced stitching in high wear areas
- Built-in carabiner hole in the cuff to attach to harness or other webbing systems
4. Outdoor Research Fossil Rock Gloves
The Fossil Rock Gloves are lightweight, soft-shell gloves with a durable leather palm. The fabric is breathable, so you won’t overheat when you’re out hiking.
Outdoor Research’s Fossil Rock Gloves are made from a durable nylon fabric that’s made for rugged terrain. The palm features an abrasion-resistant leather overlay, which helps protect your hands from rocks and other abrasive surfaces. Its softshell construction is breathable, so you’ll stay comfortable when moving through rough terrain or working outside in the summer heat.
A gusseted thumb helps provide greater dexterity, so you can easily operate small devices like smartphones or tablets while wearing gloves.
The split suede overlays on the fingers make them more sensitive to touch, allowing you to operate touchscreens without having to remove your gloves first. This makes them ideal for use with smartphones and other mobile devices that rely heavily on touchscreen controls.
- 95% polyester, 5% spandex.
- Pull-On closure.
- Machine Wash.
- Fabric Performance: Durable, Breathable, Ultra-Tactile, Leather Palm, Split Suede Overlays on Palm and Fingers
5. Black Diamond Crag Climbing Gloves
The Black Diamond Crag Climbing Gloves are a great option for those who are looking to get into climbing or just want a durable pair of gloves.
The Black Diamond Crag Climbing Gloves are made from breathable stretch mesh fabric and knuckle padding for comfort. The palms and fingers are made from synthetic leather with reinforced index finger and thumb crotch for durability.
The gloves also feature a hook-and-loop cuff closure with a pull-on/clip-in loop, which is useful when you’re at the top of your climb.
- Synthetic Leather palm and fingers with reinforced index finger crotch for durability.
- Breathable stretch mesh fabric and knuckle padding.
- Pull-On closure with pull-on/clip-in loop at the wrist.
6- Ocun Crack Climbing Gloves
The Ocun Crack Gloves for Crack Climbing are a great glove for those looking for a bit more protection than just your average climbing glove.
Made with microfiber stretch suede and adhesive rubber CAT 1.1 for the perfect balance of performance and protection. These gloves have been designed with an elastic band that allows you to adjust the fit so you can get them on and off quickly. The Velcro strap also tucks away so they stay secure while climbing.
Features CAT Rubber 1.1 is a “super sticky” compound developed with an emphasis on high adhesion that significantly increases friction.
This is great as it means these gloves will last longer, as well as make gripping much easier. The hands are also covered in mesh panels which allow airflow to keep your hands cool during long climbs or sessions in the gym!
- The perfect balance of performance and protection.
- Designed gloves engineered for maximal comfort while crack climbing.
- Velcro closure that tucks away so they stay secure while climbing.
7. Singing Rock Chocky Jamming Gloves
The Chocky Jamming Gloves are ideal for indoor climbing and bouldering. The gloves have a wide elastic band that is comfortable and easy to put on or take off. The double elastic band for the little finger and thumb provides additional protection under the palm.
The palm of the glove is made of high friction rubber which provides free movement of the wrist and additional protection against slipping on holds. The back of the hand is made of perforated material for breathability and comfort. Velcro closure allows for an adjustable fit.
- Double elastic band for little finger and thumb
- Wide elastic band for a comfortable fit
- High friction rubber provides free movement of the wrist and additional protection against slipping on holds
- Perforated fabric on the back of the hand for breathability and comfort
- Velcro closure allows for an adjustable fit
8. Outdoor Research Splitter Gloves
The Outdoor Research Splitter Gloves are the perfect choice for climbers who want to add a little extra protection to their hands.
These gloves are designed for crack climbing, making them a great choice for those who enjoy the challenge of climbing narrow cracks.
The reinforced knuckle protection is designed to take the brunt of the impact when you fall, so your hands will stay intact and in one piece.
These gloves provide enhanced grip and rugged protection while climbing many different rock faces.
The open palm construction creates better dexterity without any materials getting in the way.
These minimalist gloves are ultra-lightweight and ultra tactile. keeping you protected so you can climb all day long.
- Durable and Ultra-Tactile.
- Ultra Lightweight.
- Anti-Slip Material on Back of Hand.
- Open Palm Construction.
- Reinforced Hook/Loop Wrist Closure.
9. Seiberten Full Finger Climbing Gloves
The Seibertron Full Finger Climbing Rope Gloves are made of durable synthetic leather, Kevlar thread stitching, and SBR padding. The palm is reinforced with extra stitching for maximum durability and the gloves are designed with pullers on the middle and ring fingers to make them easy to take off.
The climbing rope gloves are designed to provide you with comfort and performance while climbing. The full-finger design allows you to use your hands-free while you climb so you can focus on what matters most—climbing well!
These climbing rope gloves feature a full-finger design that allows you to use your hands-free while you climb. This means that you can focus on climbing well instead of worrying about getting your gloves off in time! These gloves also have pullers on the middle and ring fingers to make them easy to take off when needed.
- Full Finger Padded Palm Lightweight Breathable Climbing Rope Gloves for Climbers.
- Reinforced synthetic leather and kevlar threads stitching on the palm for maximum durability.
- SBR padding on the palm to absorb shock and reduce hand fatigue effectively.
- A puller on the middle and ring fingers is used for gloves to take off easily.
10- Half Finger Climbing Rope Gloves for Climbers
The UCO Rope Gloves are designed to protect your hands while climbing. They feature a reinforced synthetic leather palm with Kevlar stitching for maximum durability, as well as SBR padding on the palm to absorb shock and reduce hand fatigue effectively.
The puller on the middle and ring fingers is used for gloves to take off easily. An ID tag on the wrist for name marking and glove hanging makes these gloves perfect for the rock climbing enthusiast.
- Reinforced synthetic leather palm with Kevlar stitching for maximum durability.
- SBR padding on the palm to absorb shock and reduce hand fatigue effectively.
- A puller on the middle and ring fingers is used for gloves taking off easily.
- ID tag on the wrist for name marking and glove hanging.
11- Intra-FIT Climbing Gloves
Intra-FIT Climbing Gloves Rope Gloves, Perfect for Rappelling, Rescue, Rock/Tree/Wall/Mountain Climbing, Adventure, Outdoor Sports
Ultimate comfort and dexterity are what you get with these climbing gloves. The premium quality goat skin material offers a perfect balance between durability and flexibility. The palm is padded to protect from heat generated from long rappels.
With stretchable spandex for improved dexterity and elastic and breathable. Anatomically curved finger and Soft neoprene cuff with Velcro design which is comfortable and flexible, enable you to do the job without restraint. Built-in carabiner hole on the cuff, so you can always attach the gloves to your harness.
- Premium grain goatskin for the perfect balance between durability and dexterity
- Soft and comfortable
- Palm is padded to protect from heat generated from long rappels
- With stretchable spandex for improved dexterity and elastic and breathable
- Anatomically curved finger and Soft neoprene cuff with Velcro design which is comfortable and flexible, enable you to do the job without restraint
How to choose the best climbing gloves?
Before we dive into our top picks, let’s talk about what you should look for when shopping for climbing gloves. There are many different types of climbing gloves available, so it’s important that you know what features you need before buying them.
The first thing you should consider is their purpose: do you need them just for hiking or general use? Or do you want them specifically for rock climbing? The answer will help narrow down your options considerably.
If all you need is a pair of general-purpose gloves that will protect your hands from the elements while hiking or working outside then there are plenty of options out there – but if you want something specifically made for rock climbing then things get a bit more complicated since those tend to cost more than regular gloves
The best climbing gloves should be lightweight, breathable, and provide a good grip on the holds. They should also be durable enough to withstand lots of wear and tear over time.
We have now come to the conclusion of our list of the best climbing gloves. We have listed several different types of gloves and have tried to cater to all climbers, no matter what their preferred style of climbing is.
As you can see from our list, there are many different factors that contribute to making a good pair of climbing gloves. It is important that these factors are considered when choosing your next pair of gloves so that you can get the best possible performance out of them.
We hope that this article has been useful for you and we wish you the best of luck with your next climbing adventure!
Leave a Reply